CHEP Course description: Provides certification candidates a preparatory course for the Certified Healthcare Emergency Professional (CHEP) credentialing examination. The session includes a Power Point presentation designed to highlight emergency management areas outside the average attendees day-to-day work related duties and responsibilities. Candidates will have the opportunity to interact with the facilitator and other attendees in order to answer any questions that may relate to the certification examination. Candidates will be provided a free electronic copy of the CHEP Study Guide and sample exam questions prior to arrival. On the following morning, candidates will have the opportunity to take the certification exam. Those interested in participating in this course and exam should complete an application found at http://www.ibfcsm.org, to include professional references, also found at http://www.ibfcsm.org. This should be done not later than 2 weeks prior to the CHEP program. To have appropriate study time before the course, you should make known your interest to the Florida Hospital Association as soon as possible to receive the study material.
Learning Objective 1: Provide prep program appraising the attendee’s emergency management knowledge & experience.
Objective focuses on:
▪ Managing an emergency incident,
▪ Recognizing effects of emergency incidents on their organization,
▪ Handling internal as well as external emergency incidents.
Learning Objective 2: Explain EM legislation, directives, regulations, and standards
▪ An opportunity to learn about external influences on their emergency preparedness,
▪ A look at how fire codes, EPA regulations and OSHA affects emergency preparedness.
Learning Objective 3: Confirm knowledge of the candidate on topics of healthcare emergency management.
Objective is to:
▪ Provide an opportunity for the attendee to demonstrate their knowledge and understanding of all aspects surrounding emergency management response,
▪ Provide an opportunity for the attendee to receive a certification in healthcare emergency management.
LOCATION: IU Morgan Hospital 2209 Wooden Dr Martinsville, IN 46151